Wednesday, January 10, 2007

don't flickr me off.

Flickr, hate the name, love the idea. My first thought, was about a horse and girl riding the horse for joy and relaxation. I like the idea of taking a photo and allowing others to see it and comment on it. Maybe I haven't look at Flickr enough to see if it changes the photo into the appropiate code for other sites, like myspace. It will allow you to upload photos into your email, which is pretty cool. I have aYahoo email account, so Flickr is handy for my photos. Right now I am a big fan of photobucket. Photobucket has allowed my internet and personal photos on its site [without a limit on how many I can have] and lets me choose the number of photos and it will write the correct html text for the site I want to post the photos onto. After I become more familiar with Flickr and Photoshop I can better compare their abilities to meet my needs on the information highway.

2 comments:

Bobbi Newman said...

I use both Photobucket and Flickr but for completely different things. I use flickr for pictures I take that I want to share with family and friends. Flickr does provide code that allows you to put pics on websites. I love the ability to organize my pictures with sets and tags. I know the basic account as some limitations, but I pay for a Pro account and think it's well worth it.

I used Photobucket to host pictures I want to put on websites, maybe an image for myspace. These aren't pictures that I think my family and friends will have an interest in browsing. I do like Photobuckets ability to edit the size of the pic after uploading.
So what I'm saying is I like both and think they both have a place. But everyone has their own preferences

sexybeast said...

I agree the both Flickr and photobucket are good for certain thing.

viva la circ.